For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chili Verde Pork
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Ultra-tender and incredibly delicious.
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|3 tablespoon green chile powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 can green enchilada sauce, 19 oz.|
|1 can salsa verde, 7 oz.|
|1 can tomatillos, with liquid, 32 oz.|
|Vegetable oil, for cooking|
|3 1/2 lb pork sirloin, cubed|
|2 cups minced onions|
|1 1/2 tablespoons pressed garlic|
|2 lb green chiles, diced|
|2 cups minced green peppers|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon lime juice|
|1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves|
- Stir together oregano, cumin and chile powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour enchilada sauce and salsa verde into a large pot. Crush tomatillos inside the pot.
- Sprinkle chile powder mixture over the tomatillo mixture. Stir together and bring the pot to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and let simmer. Stirring every few minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil in a skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat, place pork sirloin in skillet, add onions and garlic to skillet and brown together.
- Drain liquid from skillet, add pork, onions and garlic to the pot and stir together. Add green chilies, stir and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Add green peppers to the pot and season with salt. Let pot simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Spoon chili verde pork onto serving plates, sprinkle on cilantro and lime juice.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >