For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Bean and Chorizo Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Rich, hearty and perfect for weeknight supper.
|2 cups dried cannellini beans|
|8 cups water|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, 1 smashed, 2 chopped|
|1 fresh rosemary sprig|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped|
|1 carrot, coarsely chopped|
|1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped|
|2 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1 lb chorizo sausages, casings removed|
|1/4 cup whipping cream|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Place beans in heavy large saucepan. Fill with enough water to generously cover beans. Let beans soak overnight at room temperature.
- Drain and rinse beans. Return beans to the same saucepan. Add 8 cups water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, smashed garlic clove, rosemary, and bay leaf. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover, and simmer for about an hour, until beans are just tender.
- Drain beans, pouring water into a container. Discard rosemary sprig and bay leaf.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large pot, bring to medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are just softening. Add chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon thyme. Saute for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of the reserved water, chicken broth and beans to the pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove pot from heat.
- Saute chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking into pieces while cooking. Transfer chorizo to paper towels to drain.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer 1 1/2 cups of beans and veggies to a bowl. Puree remaining soup in blender until smooth. Return puree to pot. Stir in remaining fresh thyme, reserved bean and veggies, chorizo, and whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls and enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Beans, Chorizo|
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Stovetop|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >