For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Full-flavored Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, (cut into slices)|
|4 oz ham, (cooked, cut into bite-size pieces)|
|1/2 cup celery, (diced)|
|30 oz beans, (ranch-style)|
|1 cup onion, (diced)|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|20 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.