For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Saucy, tangy and totally yummy!
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|7 1/4 oz. roasted red pepper, drained and chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|1 cup fresh basil, chopped|
|1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. When pasta is finished cooking, drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to saucepan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, roasted red peppers, crushed red pepper and cream; simmer ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of basil to saucepan; stir and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Return pasta to pot it was cooked in and then add sauce, Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of basil to pot. Toss ingredients to combine.
- Add enough of the reserved pasta liquid to the pot to moisten ingredients and then season pasta with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >