My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Spicy Chorizo Nachos View More >
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Classic Pollo Asado
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Zesty, flavorful and extra tender.
|2 1/2 lb chicken leg quarters, bone-in, skin on|
|2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice|
|4 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice|
|2 tablespoons vinegar|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|1 tablespoon sazon|
|1 tablespoon achiote powder|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 tablespoon Mexican oregano|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Place chicken into a large resealable bag. Set aside.
- Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, paprika, sazon, achiote powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, Mexican oregano and minced garlic into a mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour the marinade into the bag and coat chicken well. Seal the bag and place into the refrigerator. Let sit for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Transfer chicken to serving plates and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Skillet, Roast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >