For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Farfalle and Zucchini with Pine Nuts
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Filling, hearty and incredibly flavorful.
|4 zucchinis, chopped|
|3 tablespoons Kosher salt|
|1 lb farfalle pasta|
|5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 pint grape tomatoes, halved|
|1/2 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup pine nuts|
|Parmesan cheese, for serving|
- Toss the zucchini with 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Transfer to a large colander and set over the bowl. Let drain for 30 minutes.
- Spread the squash evenly over a double layer of paper towels. Pat squash dry with additional paper towels and wipe off salt. In a large stockpot, bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt and pasta. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to stockpot.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until just beginning to smoke. Swirl to coat pan with oil.
- Add half of the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer squash to a baking sheet or large plate.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the skillet and repeat to cook remaining squash. Transfer to baking sheet or plate. Return empty skillet to a medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil along with the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds, then add squash and stir well to combine and heat through, about 30 seconds.
- Add the squash mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar and pine nuts to the pasta in the stockpot. Toss to combine. Top with parmesan.
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Stove|
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >