For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwestern Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
These tacos are simple, flavorful and fun to eat.
|1 tablespoon corn oil|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus 1 teaspoon|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1/2 cup tomato sauce|
|1/4 cup raisins|
|1/4 cup pecan pieces|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|12 taco shells|
|Shredded lettuce, for topping|
|Grated cheddar cheese, for topping|
|Chopped fresh tomatoes, for topping|
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and stir 1 minute. Add beef and cook until brown, breaking up beef with back of fork, about 10 minutes. Spoon off any fat from pan.
- Add tomato sauce, raisins and pecans and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Mix in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling into each taco shell.
- Top tacos with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >