For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwestern Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
These tacos are simple, flavorful and fun to eat.
|1 tablespoon corn oil|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus 1 teaspoon|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1/2 cup tomato sauce|
|1/4 cup raisins|
|1/4 cup pecan pieces|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|12 taco shells|
|Shredded lettuce, for topping|
|Grated cheddar cheese, for topping|
|Chopped fresh tomatoes, for topping|
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and stir 1 minute. Add beef and cook until brown, breaking up beef with back of fork, about 10 minutes. Spoon off any fat from pan.
- Add tomato sauce, raisins and pecans and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Mix in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling into each taco shell.
- Top tacos with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >