For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Moroccan Style Vegan Stew
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A rich and hearty meal that’s very healthy.
|1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed and chopped|
|3 dates, pitted and chopped|
|2 cups cooked chickpeas|
|Crushed chili flakes|
|1/2 cup coconut oil|
|2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|3 cups vegetable stock|
|2 carrots, chopped|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1 onion, diced small|
|1 teaspoon ground coriander|
- Pour coconut oil into large pot. Heat to medium. Once hot, add onions and reduce heat. Cook until onion is soft,
- Add chili flakes, cumin and coriander to pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, dates and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir ingredients together.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and yellow bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and stir together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stew into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >