For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Black Bean Veggie Patty Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Healthy, hearty and homemade!
|1/2 onion, quartered and then sliced|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 can black beans|
|1 teaspoon hot sauce|
|1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|1/2 green bell pepper, sliced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|3 cloves garlic, peeled|
|Cooking spray, for greasing cooking sheet|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour black beans into a bowl, mash with a fork until mushy. Set aside.
- Place garlic cloves, green bell pepper and onion in a blender, chop until well mixed. Add mashed black beans top mixture and stir together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cumin, egg, hot sauce and chili powder. Add mixture to blender, mix together.
- Add breadcrumbs to mixture and stir until it holds together.
- Separate into four patties. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes per side.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >