For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Baked Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A healthy and delicious dish that's so easy to make.
|1/2 cup Fontina cheese, (shredded)|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, (roasted)|
|1/2 cup milk, (1% low-fat)|
|1/4 cup panko, (Japanese breadcrumbs)|
|8 oz penne, (whole wheat)|
|1/4 cup Gouda, (smoked, shredded)|
|2 tablespoons margarine, (trans fat-free)|
|1 tablespoon yogurt, (plain, Greek, low-fat)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper, (freshly ground)|
|2 tablespoons flour|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat the inside of a medium square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill pot with water, bring to a boil. Add penne pasta once boiling. Cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, melt margarine in a saucepan. After butter has melted, add pepper, butter and salt to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisk ingredients together. Cook until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add cheeses to sauce, whisk until fully melted. Add noodles to pan, stir together.
- Transfer saucepan ingredients to baking dish. Sprinkle panko over the top, and bake for 20 minutes. The top should begin to bubble and brown.
- As penne is baking, prepare sauce. Place greek yogurt and bell pepper in a blender/food processor. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Pour sauce over baked dish and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >