For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Baked Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A healthy and delicious dish that's so easy to make.
|1/2 cup Fontina cheese, (shredded)|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, (roasted)|
|1/2 cup milk, (1% low-fat)|
|1/4 cup panko, (Japanese breadcrumbs)|
|8 oz penne, (whole wheat)|
|1/4 cup Gouda, (smoked, shredded)|
|2 tablespoons margarine, (trans fat-free)|
|1 tablespoon yogurt, (plain, Greek, low-fat)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper, (freshly ground)|
|2 tablespoons flour|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat the inside of a medium square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill pot with water, bring to a boil. Add penne pasta once boiling. Cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, melt margarine in a saucepan. After butter has melted, add pepper, butter and salt to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisk ingredients together. Cook until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add cheeses to sauce, whisk until fully melted. Add noodles to pan, stir together.
- Transfer saucepan ingredients to baking dish. Sprinkle panko over the top, and bake for 20 minutes. The top should begin to bubble and brown.
- As penne is baking, prepare sauce. Place greek yogurt and bell pepper in a blender/food processor. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Pour sauce over baked dish and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Bake, Boil|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >