May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Carrot Cake Bars with Cheesecake Swirl
Rate this Recipe
Serves 9 |
Two delectable desserts in one treat.
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|4 oz cream cheese|
|3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 egg yolk|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine melted butter with brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir together until combined. Add in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and the egg to the brown sugar mix. Stir well. Add in ground cinnamon, salt, flour and baking powder. Stir until well combined. Fold in shredded carrots. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cream cheese in a separate mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth. Add the 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and the egg yolk to the cream cheese mix. Beat until smooth.
- Pour half of the carrot cake batter into the rimmed pan. Spread out with a spatula.
- Pour half of the cheesecake mix around the carrot cake batter.
- Pour the remaining carrot cake batter on top. Then pour the remaining cheesecake mix on top of the carrot cake batter. Use a spoon to swirl around.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Edges should be golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >