May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 10 |
A delectable centerpiece for an Easter feast.
|1 spiral sliced ham, 8 lb.|
|1/4 cup brown mustard|
|2 cup dark brown sugar|
|2 oz. bourbon, poured into a spritz bottle|
|2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies|
- Heat oven to 275° F.
- Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan.
- Tent the ham with heavy duty foil. Cook for about 4 hours.
- Remove the ham from the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 325° F.
- Dab the ham with paper towels. Brush on a liberal coat of mustard. Sprinkle on brown sugar, packing loosely as you go until the ham is coated. Spritz a generous layer of bourbon on top, then loosely pack on as much of the crushed cookies as you can.
- Place the ham back into the pan and cook for an additonal 25 minutes.
- Remove ham again from the pan, tent the roast with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >