For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
BBQ Cherry Beef Kabobs
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The trifecta of savory, sweet and tangy.
|1 top sirloin steaks, cut into cubes|
|1/4 lb fresh cherries, pitted|
|1/2 cup barbecue sauce, your preference|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper|
|8 whole cremini mushrooms|
|1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces|
- In a medium saucepan combine cherries, barbecue sauce and vinegar. Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes. Puree in a blender, adding water if needed for a pourable consistency.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Season sirloin steak cubes with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- On 4 long, metal skewers, alternate peppers, onion, steak and mushrooms. Baste kabobs with cherry bbq sauce.
- Grill kabobs for 12- 14 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste kabobs with cherry barbecue sauce after turning.
- Brush additional bbq sauce over kabobs just before serving.