For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Butter Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 |
The perfect amount of sweet and nutty.
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon grated orange peel|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 1/4 cups flour|
|3/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Place pecans and sugar in a blender, pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- Place butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream together until butter is fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat together on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until thin and flat. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner until you have 36 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should be golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >