For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pear and Apple Streusel Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie |
A fantastic Fall dessert that's perfectly sweet.
|6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 pears, peeled and sliced|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- In a large bowl, add butter to flour and mix until crumbs form. Add yogurt and toss with a fork until dough can be gathered into a ball. Press into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Add butter and mix until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, combine pears, apples, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to a 12-inch wide circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang; flute edges. Spoon filling into crust; sprinkle with topping.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until crust is golden. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >