May We Recommend
Sweet and Savory Cornbread
View More >
My Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
Quick Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Serves 8 |
A brilliant combination of flavor and texture.
Add to My Recipes +
Print this Recipe
Full Screen View
|4 cups kidney beans, cooked |
|1/4 cup olive oil |
|1 large onion, chopped |
|1 green bell pepper, chopped |
|2 tablespoon garlic, minced |
|2 stalks celery, chopped |
|2 bay leaves |
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper |
|1 teaspoon thyme, dried |
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried |
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried |
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning |
|1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced |
|4 cups water |
|2 cups long grain white |
- Place the cooked beans in a large pot.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for another four minutes Add this to the pot.
- Saute the sausage slices in olive oil until just browned and also add to the pot. Add a little water and place the pot over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the pot and stir.
- Serve warm.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >