For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Mexican-food-themed parties.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon ancho chili powder|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|Coarse salt and black pepper|
|Tortillas, corn or flour|
|Garnishes: lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef; cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain excess oil.
- Add chopped bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook for about 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add water to skillet; continue cooking until vegetables have softened and water has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and black pepper then serve by spooning onto tortillas.
- Serve with lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >