For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Beef and Red Bean Burritos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A burrito unlike any other.
|1 lb top round steak|
|3/4 cup salsa|
|1 package Cajun rice and bean mix, 5 oz.|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 flour tortillas, 10-inch, warmed|
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup salsa in medium bowl, then toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Prepare rice and bean mix according to package directions, using 1/4 cup less water and omitting oil or margarine; keep warm.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and cook for 2 minutes, until beef is just browned. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Remove beef from skillet and season with salt. Do not discard liquid in skillet
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and remaining 1/4 cup salsa. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1 cup beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Fold edges and roll to create a burrito and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Stir-Fry, Skillet|