For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Walnut Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
The perfect salad for Winter.
|1 1/2 red apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|1 1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|1/2 cup dired cranberries|
|6 cups arugula|
|6 cups coarsely torn endive|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 tablespoons walnut oil|
|3 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Combine arugula and endive in large salad bowl.
- Heat half the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and shallots, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts and saute for and additional minute.
- Stir in vinegar. Remove skillet from heat, stir in walnut oil and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chestnut mixture over arugula mixture, toss together well.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >