For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mashed Potato Casserole
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Perfect for making ahead and reheating.
|6 cloves garlic, peeled|
|1 cup whole milk, warmed|
|8 oz cream cheese|
|1 bay leaf|
|3 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks|
|1 cup sour cream|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|Butter, room temperature, for greasing and cooking|
|2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, more for buttering|
|4 thyme sprigs|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon seasoned salt, more to taste|
- Grease a 2 & 1/2 quart baking dish with butter.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill pot until potatoes are covered. Add kosher salt, garlic and the bay leaf. Place lid on top of pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover pot and let simmer for 20 minutes. Drain water and let potatoes stand for 3 minutes.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a food processor or mash together by hand until potatoes and garlic and well combined and smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup milk, cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir until well combined. Season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to baking dish. Top with 2 tablespoons of small pieces of butter. Wrap dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350° F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for about one hour. (Top should be golden brown)
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >