For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A cake unlike any other!
|1 cup flour|
|1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 egg whites|
|1 large egg|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 1/3 cups sugar|
|1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves|
|2 cups marshmallow creme topping|
|1/8 teaspoon baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and egg. Whisk buttermilk into egg mixture.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add egg mixture and raspberry preserves, beat until smooth. At low speed, beat in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Place 1 layer on a plate. Spread with marshmallow topping. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining marshmallow topping on top and sides of cake. Chill until ready to serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >