For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
A simple and delicious way to begin the day.
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|4 egg whites|
|1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1/4 cup chopped green onions|
|1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup bottled salsa|
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl (through egg), and stir with a whisk. Combine beans, onions, cheese, and salsa in a separate bowl.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray or butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan; wait for egg mixture to set slightly.
- Tilt pan and carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula; allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and flip omelet.
- Spoon combined beans, onions, cheese and salsa onto half the omelet. Carefully loosen the omelet with a spatula and fold in half.
- Cook 1 minute or just until cheese melts. Slide omelet onto a plate and cut in half.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >