For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A delicious twist to a classic dish.
|8 oz. uncooked egg noodles|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/8 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon dry sherry|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain and set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil. Add ground beef to pan; cook and break up with a wooden spoon until beef is crumbled and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle ingredients in skillet with flour; stir constantly, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 1 minute; season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add sherry and sour cream to skillet; stir to incorporate.
- Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with chopped parsley.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >