May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage Subs with Peppers and Onions
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Skip the sub shop and make them at home.
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|6 sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 red bell peppers, sliced|
|2 yellow onions, sliced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 15 oz.|
|6 sub rolls, split|
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook about 7-10 minutes, until evenly browned. Remove sausages from the pan.
- Add peppers, onions, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook about 5 minutes until, just tender. Add the oregano, basil, and garlic and saute for about 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, tomatoes, and chili flakes, if using. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the sausages into 6 pieces each. Add the sausage back to the pan, and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sausage and sauce onto sub rolls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >