For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Maple Baked Pork Loin
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Slightly sweet and extra savory.
|4 lb boneless pork loin roast|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|Flour, for dredging|
|3/4 cup maple syrup|
|3/4 cup ketchup|
|1/3 cup water|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until smoking.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, and shake off excess.
- Carefully place pork loin in the skillet and sear until browned on all sides. Place pork loin on the baking sheet. Pull sides of aluminum foil up to make a barrier.
- Stir together the maple syrup, ketchup, water, and minced garlic in a mixing bowl. Pour 3/4 of this sauce over the pork. Fold the foil over the pork, and seal to form a packet. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 2 hours. Cover remaining sauce and place in the refrigerator.
- Carefully open up the foil packet and flatten out foil. Place baking sheet back in the oven and broil pork loin roast for 5 minutes. Serve pork loin roast with remaining sauce.
|Cooking Method:||Bake, Broil|
|Main Ingredient:||Pork Loin|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >