May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Citrus Steaks with Spicy Orange Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A little sweet and a nice spiciness.
|1 lb. beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1" thick|
|4 ears sweet corn, in husks|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|Salt, to taste|
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange. Squeeze 2 tablespoon juice from orange; set aside. Combine peel, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Remove corn from water. Place on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes (or 15-25 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes (or 8-12 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice, yogurt, cilantro and chipotle powder in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carve steaks into slices, season with salt as desired. Serve with sauce and corn.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >