My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cornbread with Cheddar Cheese View More >
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Potato, Parmesan and Salami Frittata
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The way every breakfast should taste.
|2 tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 1/2 lb baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|8 large eggs|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 oz hard salami, halved then cut crosswise into thin strips|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 lb feta cheese, or other crumbly cheese|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick, ovenproof frying pan set over moderate heat. Add cubed potatoes to pan then sprinkle with salt. Saute for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are just done and browned. Remove potatoes from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and black pepper. Mix in the cooled potatoes and salami.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and butter to the frying pan; heat over moderate heat until butter melts.
- Pour frittata mixture into the pan then reduce heat to low. Sprinkle goat cheese atop frittata. Cook frittata for about 7 minutes or until the eggs are nearly set.
- Heat broiler. Set frittata 6-inches below heat source and broil for about 2 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove frittata from broiler then loosen with a spatula and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >