May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Apple Fritters
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A tasty treat you can enjoy any time of the day.
|3 red apples, peeled and diced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mix, separated|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup milk|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
|Powdered sugar, for topping|
- Combine baking powder, flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add dry ingredients from bowl to egg mixture. Whisk together to create batter.
- Add diced apple to cinnamon sugar mix. Toss to coat. Add apples to batter bowl and stir around.
- Pour cooking oil into a large pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Once oil is bubbling, add small batches of apples. Fry until they are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all apples are fried.
- Transfer apple fritter to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Once cooled, sprinkle apple fritter with powdered sugar and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >