May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gratin of Red and Yellow Peppers and Tomatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 10 |
A healthy and full flavored side dish.
|3 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise|
|3 yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise|
|5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, extra for pan|
|1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|3/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 1/2 cups cubed sourdough baguette|
|1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese|
|4 yellow tomatoes, cut crosswise into 5 slices|
|4 red tomatoes, cut crosswise into 5 slices|
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bell peppers, cut sides down, in a shallow baking pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until blackened and beginning to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes, until the peppers are cool enough to handle. Peel peppers and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly oil gratin dish.
- Stir together parsley, thyme, rosemary, zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss bread cubes with cheese and olive oil in another bowl.
- Arrange half the tomatoes in the gratin dish, overlapping slices and alternating colors, then spread half the pepper strips on top. Sprinkle with half of herb mixture and 2 cups bread mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake gratin until the mixture is bubbling and the topping is golden brown - about 35 to 45 minutes,
- Cool gratin on a rack to warm or room temperature.
|Cooking Method:||Broil, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >