My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Southern-Style BBQ Chicken Nachos View More >
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Easy Cheese Omelet
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
This easy omelet can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
|1/2 cup water|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese|
|Chopped green onions, for garnish|
- Place eggs, water, salt and black pepper into a medium bowl; whisk for about 25 quick strokes to blend without making it fluffy.
- Melt and heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter in an 8-inch nonstick pan.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the pan. After about 30 seconds, when egg mixture begins to set around the edges, gently push cooked egg from side of pan toward center with a spatula, allowing uncooked egg to flow to bottom of hot pan. Repeat process for about 1 minute. Cook until omelet is almost set but still creamy and moist on top. Sprinkle top half of omelet with 1/4 cup cheese. With spatula, fold omelet over. Gently shake pan to loosen any egg or filling from edge. Slide omelet onto a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat process until you have made 4 omelets.
- Sprinkle omelets with green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >