For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spiced Indian Pudding
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Richly sweet with notes of warm spices.
|1 1/4 cups molasses|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|3 tablespoon butter, more for greasing baking dish|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3 cups milk|
|3/4 cup cornmeal|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups hot water|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover inside of baking dish with butter.
- Pour hot water and 2 cups milk into a pot. Bring contents to a boil. Once boiling, add cornmeal and whisk. Reduce heat to medium and cook 12-14 minutes, continually whisk. Remove from heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, egg, flour and ginger. Whisk ingredients together.
- Pour molasses mixture into cornmeal mixture and whisk. After thoroughly mixed, pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Pour in remaining milk and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >