For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
The classic sandwich is now even easier!
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced|
|1 yellow onion, finely diced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 Kaiser rolls, toasted|
- Heat butter in a skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, cloves, mustard, and sugar. Cover skillet then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until dark and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Easter Options
Enjoy these scrumptious recipes throughout the month of April. We have a variety of dishes from ham to lamb, there's a little something for everyone. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Traditional dishes to enjoy during Easter.
Delicious recipes to make your Easter celebration great. A variety of dishes that's sure to put a smile on everyone's face. View Recipes >