For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Lunchtime can't come any sooner.
|1/4 cup tomato pesto|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3/4 lb chicken breasts, skinless, boneless|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally|
|16 basil leaves|
|3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers|
|1 tomato, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise then set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and done. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and allow chicken to cool slightly. Cut chicken into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place ciabatta, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove ciabatta from pan.
- Spread pesto mixture evenly over bread halves.
- Place chicken slices evenly over bottom half of ciabatta. Evenly place basil leaves atop chicken then sprinkle with cheese; place under broiler and broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Place bell pepper and tomato on top of cheese, cover with top half of bread then cut into 4 equal pieces.
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >