For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Lunchtime can't come any sooner.
|1/4 cup tomato pesto|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3/4 lb chicken breasts, skinless, boneless|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally|
|16 basil leaves|
|3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers|
|1 tomato, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise then set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and done. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and allow chicken to cool slightly. Cut chicken into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place ciabatta, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove ciabatta from pan.
- Spread pesto mixture evenly over bread halves.
- Place chicken slices evenly over bottom half of ciabatta. Evenly place basil leaves atop chicken then sprinkle with cheese; place under broiler and broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Place bell pepper and tomato on top of cheese, cover with top half of bread then cut into 4 equal pieces.
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Easter Options
Enjoy these scrumptious recipes throughout the month of April. We have a variety of dishes from ham to lamb, there's a little something for everyone. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Traditional dishes to enjoy during Easter.
Delicious recipes to make your Easter celebration great. A variety of dishes that's sure to put a smile on everyone's face. View Recipes >