For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Creole Beef and Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Downright delicious good old-fashioned cooking.
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1 1/2 lb. bottom round steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|3 stalks celery, chopped|
|1 tablespoon Creole seasoning|
|2 cans stewed tomatoes, 14 oz. each|
|Cooked rice, for serving|
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until meat is browned. Drain liquid.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery; sauté for about three minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning and stewed tomatoes. Reduce head to low, cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.