For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Fun and Fruity Cantaloupe
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Enjoy the fresh flavors of this fun and easy recipe.
|1 melon, cantaloupe or MAG|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 box strawberry-flavored gelatin|
|1/4 cup banana, (chopped)|
|1 tablespoon raisins|
|1 tablespoon golden raisins|
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut cantaloupe in half lengthwise. Separate halves and scoop out seeds. Discard seeds.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, combine water and gelatin, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour gelatin mixture evenly into each cantaloupe half, filling each to the top. Chill until gelatin thickens, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine banana and raisins. Mix well. Stir banana mixture into gelatin; smooth top. Chill until gelatin is firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a large, sharp knife, slice each cantaloupe half into 2 equal wedges. Place on individual serving plates and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >