For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Chex and Mixed Nuts Clusters
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Chex mix just got a little better with a mixed nuts and a sweet glaze.
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|12 oz mixed nuts|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|6 cups Rice Chex cereal|
|6 oz cashews|
|1/2 cup agave nectar, (or honey)|
|2 sticks butter|
- Combine mixed nuts, rice chex and cashews in a large pan. Roast ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour agave nectar, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Bring ingredients to a boil. Once boiling, stir ingredients together thoroughly. Continue cooking and stirring, take a drop of the liquid and drop it in a glass of cold water. When it sticks together and forms a small ball, itâ??s done cooking.
- Add vanilla to agave mixture, stir together.
- After vanilla is evenly distributed, pour over cereal. Stir together, coating cereal evenly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, pour cereal onto sheet and let cool.
- Once cooled, break into clusters.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >