For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Layered Hash Browns with Mixed Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A hearty and delicious way to start the day.
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 1/2 cup ham, diced|
|8 cups hash browns|
|1/2 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 jalapeño, seeded and diced|
|1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated|
|Canola oil, for frying|
|Salt, to taste|
|20 potato wedges|
|Pepper, to taste|
|1 onion, diced|
|4 tablespoons butter|
- Separate hash browns and potato wedges, fry up in separate skillets. Cook until both are golden brown. Keep warm while other ingredients are prepared.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet, melt and toss in red bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, green bell pepper and ham. Toss a few times.
- Combine hash browns and vegetable mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and gently toss together. Turn heat to low, let cheese melt.
- In a separate skillet, melt remaining butter and add eggs. Fry eggs to desired consistency. Separate into four sections.
- Dish out cheese covered hash browns/vegetable mixture onto four plates. Place potato wedges on top, then lay eggs on top.
- Serve with salsa or Pico de Gallo and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Traditional dishes to enjoy during Easter.
Delicious recipes to make your Easter celebration great. A variety of dishes that's sure to put a smile on everyone's face. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >