For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Beef Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A Tex-Mex favorite for fans of spicy foods.
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 jalapeno, minced|
|8 corn tortillas|
|2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
|2 tablespoon chipotle sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup flour|
|14 1/2 oz chicken broth|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Sprinkle in flour, cooking for about 1 minute. Mix in water, chili powder, chipotle sauce and chicken broth. Bring contents to a boil, whisking continually. After mixed, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in salt, onion, beef, black pepper, minced jalapeno and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Place all tortillas in foil, warm in oven for 10 minutes. Remove then raise the temperature to 450° F.
- Spoon sauce into baking dish. Remove from foil, scoop in filling and sprinkle with cheese. Roll each tortilla tightly and place into baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Once baking dish is full, place inside oven and bake 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >