For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
When it comes to flavorful beef, the chuck roast is hard to beat.
|1/2 green bell pepper|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 lbs chuck roast, cut into cubes|
|1 white onion, finely diced|
|2 cups beef broth|
|8 oz tomato sauce|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|6 oz tomato paste|
|6 corn tortillas, soft or crunchy, warmed|
|Shredded cheese, for topping|
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt.
- Cook beef in batches in a Dutch oven with oil. Cook 5-7 minutes, until thoroughly browned. Remove beef and place in warming container. Do not drain Dutch oven.
- After all beef is cooked, add chili powder to Dutch oven, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in beef broth and beef, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour Dutch oven ingredients into a slow cooker. Add onion bell pepper, tomato sauce, pepper and cumin to slow comer. Cook on high for 4 hours. Reduce heat to low, cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Add cheese and other toppings if desired.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >