For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Saucy, tangy and totally yummy!
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|7 1/4 oz. roasted red pepper, drained and chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|1 cup fresh basil, chopped|
|1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. When pasta is finished cooking, drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to saucepan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, roasted red peppers, crushed red pepper and cream; simmer ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of basil to saucepan; stir and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Return pasta to pot it was cooked in and then add sauce, Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of basil to pot. Toss ingredients to combine.
- Add enough of the reserved pasta liquid to the pot to moisten ingredients and then season pasta with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >